How To Track Actual Users Visiting Your Website – Semalt Expert
Close monitoring of a website traffic is a significant engagement to ensure the security of the computer system and provision of actual statistics. Visitors to a Web Application can surge to suspicious highs and lows that are not predictable. This can be due to spam and ghost referrals on to the website related to infect the computer system with malware, viruses, and Trojan.
A part of malware and viruses, spam website traffic registers a false statistical data on the Google Analytics giving unfair hopes to the site owner. In a bid to establish the correct information on the Google Analytics, there are a couple of ways applicable to exclude traffic from Web Monitoring Service – Site24x7
In this article, Nik Chaykovskiy, the Semalt Senior Customer Success Manager, provides simple ways to filter the suspicious traffic step by step:
First of all, exclude traffic using a Site24x7 unique browser version created in the Google Analytics.This method is used to filter traffic from the Site24x7 web application (Real Browser) by configuring a filter console in the Google Analytics. The filter is hidden from showing in the Google Analytics View and therefore provides an excellent way excluding the traffic from services tracking web pages that may infect malware, viruses and false traffic statistics to the system.
Unlike other web browsers, Firefox has a unique version of the Web Application monitor (Real Browser) with a unique minor version, (dot)247, which has the ability to playback recorded transactions. While tracking the website visits using the Google Analytics, the console can be adjusted to exclude activities of the minor-version 247 to ensure only correct data reflects on the Google Analytics while blocking away Trojan and malware.
Steps to Configuration of the Google Analytics Console to Exclude Site24x7
- Log into the Google Analytics account and navigate to the Admin option. Under Admin, choose Filters and then add Filters.
- On the menu, select Robot Traffic Site24x7 as the Filter Name.
- Select exclude on the Custom Filter under Filter Type.
- On the Filter Field, choose Browser Version.
- Finally, choose 24x7 as the Filter Pattern.
After the provision of the required details, click on Apply to all Views to save the changes that eliminate spam activities drawing malware, viruses and malicious registered traffic on the Google. Excluding Site24x7 by blocking the Block Domain is an option that configures multiple domain names to ignore or allow the execution of Site24x7. The Bloc domain ensures that the Site24x7 ability to request monitoring of web pages is not successful.
Steps to Activate Block Domain
- Access the Web Application option under Web in the Real Browser.
- Choose the Web Application Monitor configured and selected Edit from the Action Menu.
- Navigate the Edit menu and select Block Domains and feed in Google Analytics as the domain name.
- Submit to save changes. Follow discussions in forums or consult for any queries on blocking of traffic from Site24x7 Web Applications to stay safe from malware, viruses, Trojan and spam traffic.